Use Cases of the Value Driver Tree Tool
The VDT tool is not only a tool for the controlling department and offers various use cases. The most important areas of application in a nutshell:
- Business Modeling: Use dynamic modeling to simulate an executive's view of the business and identify opportunities for efficiency and improvement.
- Strategic Objective: Simulate fully calculated scenarios based on current forecasts, budgets or actual data.
- Budgeting & Planning: Compare budget versions and understand variances in drafts.
Periodic new forecast and variance reports: Perform budget analyses and variance analyses or start a scenario-based reorganization planning.
- KPI Dashboard for Managing Directors: Calculate your KPIs and incorporate them into your dashboard.
- Analysis: Understand the impact of changes to one or more value drivers on operational or financial results.