NextTables is constantly evolving to provide you with the best possible functionality and performance. Here you will find an overview of the historical development of NextTables:
- Configuration wizard for easy configuration of new and existing tables, as well as creation and editing of the menu structure
- Documentation function on field and table level with the possibility to store detailed explanations, documents and images
- Validation on field level with direct reference to other fields during input & preassignment of fields through BADI implementation
Version 8 (15.02.2021)
- New FrontEnd design with extended functions and optimized display
- Introduction of the admin area with customization options in the design and application settings area
- Completely new data upload with status window and optional background processing - data from Excel and CSV files up to 500 MB can be loaded and processed without interrupting work within Next tables
- Improved out-of-the-box and custom validation options
- Files can be saved in XXL attributes
- User specific settings for display and import formats (CSV, comma, decimal separators as well as date)
- Data type of fields can be changed in FrontEnd (for example to checkbox)
- Optimized transport of applications, menu entries, table configurations and templates
Version 7 (27.03.2020)
- Buttons with custom functionality can be added to context menu or top menu
- Analysis Authorizations of InfoObjects are now considered
- Aliases for tables are introduced, allowing to use the same table in multiple scenarios
- Reimplemented import of Excel files, resulting in major performance improvement
- Extended aDSO support - more aDSO types are supported
- Bug fixes
Version 6 (25.09.2019)
- Updates improving usability
- Optimization of the lock mechanism for writing data
- Simultaneous access when writing data
- bug fixes
Version 5 (06.05.2019)
- File import supported (drag and drop of files or file open dialog)- xlsx and CSV are supported
- Analysis authorization for ADSOs are supported out of the box. For users variables can automatically restrict data according to their auths.
- Master data integrity is supported out of the box for InfoObjects (ADSO). The validation mechanism checks if entered or uploaded values comply with master data table, otherwise a validation message is displayed.
- Bug Fixes
Version 4 (01.12.2018)
- Business Add-In (BAdI) for validating field values to integrate any business logic in the validation.
- Import from the clipboard
- InfoObjects are supported as table types (incl. time dependency)
- completely revised global filter as Pop Up
- Support of variables via Business Add in (e.g. to use "Today", "Yesterday" as filter). This can be used to create bookmarks/templates that always show current (today's) data when refreshing.
- Technical field names can be switched on and off via the context menu.
- The inline editing functionality now supports all field value help and validation options.
- The name of exported files now contains the name of the exported table and the export date.